A pre-listing inspection is a general home inspection completed prior to listing or selling a home. Pre-listing inspections are performed on behalf of the seller for insight into a home’s enhancement or repair needs prior to putting the home on the market. This gives the current owner an idea of maintenance items to address for a smooth listing and sale. By understanding a home’s potential weaknesses in advance, the seller has the opportunity to make corrections in order to avoid a lower listing price or last minute concessions to the buyer.
Below are some advantages to a pre-listing inspection:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a neutral third-party.
- It helps you to price your home realistically.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that defects won’t become stumbling blocks to a negotiation.
- It gives you time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as active leaks, the presence of mold, or active termite infestation.
- It may relieve a prospective buyer’s concerns and suspicions.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
- It allows you to simply disclose the found deficiencies up front, eliminating stressful, last minute negotiations.
Call Jack today at (541) 419-0621 to schedule your inspection or schedule an inspection by . Put yourself in the drivers seat! A home inspection report from BendPro Home Inspections will help put you in the strongest negotiating position and eliminate surprises!